I have a Smartthings Home Automation hub installed in our home. Â I use home automation to monitor, report and control various things around the home.
Yesterday, I did several things with the home automation system…
Â 1. Installed a new HVAC thermostat and added it to the Smartthings Â Â Â home hub for remote control of it
2. Setup the automatic change of modes for the Smartthings home hub
– Home – 6 am – This mode is our “at home” Day Time mode
– Night – 11 pm – This mode is our “at home” Night Time mode
3. Installed two instances of the Smartthing app called “Keep Me Cozy” – One with our “At Home” Day Time HVAC Setpoints for Heating / Cooling
– One with our “At Home”Â Night TimeÂ HVAC Setpoints for Heating /Â Cooling
Confirmation that Thermostat Setpoints had indeed changed in the evening
Confirmation that Thermostat Setpoints had indeed changed in the morning
4. Using the IFTTT service, I setup a “If this then that” recipe using Â Â Â the Smartthings and SMS channels
April 2, 2014 Today was our 3rd day of travel on our way to Santo, TX to spend several days having fun with Heartland friends. On the drive today, we stopped near Greenville, TX and had lunch at Baker’s Ribs and The Original Fried Pie Shop. I’m giving the BBQ a 7 and the fried…
Monday, Â April 14th We left the Durant, OK late this morning. It was cold and windy – in the high 30s. We took our time going less than 200 miles today, arriving at Sunrise RV Park on I-30 in Texarkana, AR. Our friends, Dan and Karen H are also here. We parked next to them….